Sunday, July 24, 2011

My Pioneers

Happy Pioneer Day! I'm grateful to my pioneer ancestors for sacrificing and enduring unimaginable trials so that their posterity (me and mine) could have the Church in our lives.

They were so much tougher than I am.

This is the Barton family.
John and Susannah Barton are my great-great-great grandparents. They joined the Church in Pennsylvania and were storekeepers in Nauvoo when they were driven out with the rest of the saints in 1846. Susannah delivered a baby at Council Bluffs. Then they traveled 1300 miles by wagon to the Salt Lake Valley. First they settled in Bountiful, then they moved to Mt. Pleasant, where they lived the rest of their lives. Besides the Bartons, I have 4 Seely pioneers and 2 Ericksen pioneers in my direct line of ancestors.

There are Stratford pioneers too. This is Edwin and Marianna Stratford.
There is a large monument in the Ogden City Cemetery dedicated to these 2 pioneers. They settled in Ogden and stayed here all their lives, along with the generations that have come after them. I love and appreciate my pioneer legacy!

2 comments:

  1. This is awesome! And I appreciate all the research and copy making you did so we could know our ancestors better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks again B, for gathering information for us - that meant a lot!

    ReplyDelete