Sunday, May 29, 2011

Stylin' High School Redemption

At last we come to the end of the photo journey through my monstrously awkward "ugly duckling" stage. You've seen the worse (see last Sunday's post!), so now you get to see that everything turned out alright in the end. Whew! I know it was a little dicey there. So, here are my high school pictures, scanned from my old yearbooks since I don't have the originals.

9th Grade: Shag-arific! I'm still stuck in "hair flip" mode, and check out the Aviator glasses! At least they are a far sight better than what I had going on in jr. high. The braces are gone, replaced with a retainer.
 10th Grade: Whoa! Now here's an improvement which can be summed up in one word- Barrettes!! Gone are the failed attempt at the flip!
11th Grade: C'mon girl! You were doing so well!! I went through a bang-less stage. SO not good. What do you suppose I'm looking at?
12th Grade: Ah. Finally. Something clicked and I figured it all out. Thank heavens! Yeah, I was fighting off those choir boys with a stick by this time. So, in the end, it all worked out.
I hope you've enjoyed this pictorial journey through the scarring years of my adolescence. You're probably so happy that it's finally over! Like I said, it's been wonderfully cathartic for me and has saved me the cost of seeing a psychotherapist. Have a wonderful Sunday!

1 comment:

  1. It's a good thing for every single one of us that adolescence doesn't last forever

    ReplyDelete