Sunday, August 7, 2011

Summer Road Trip- Our Teacup Tradition

My kids have a Disneyland tradition that must be perpetuated at all costs. They have to ride the Teacup Ride- in the dark- spinning as fast as they can- and throwing their heads back, to get the full effect of the overhead lanterns. I know, it's not for the faint of heart. Bruce cannot participate or he'll be out out of commission for days. I can participate- but only if they beg. I have a feeling I'll be holding grandbabies on my lap as their dads spin as fast as they can. "Toughen up, Smee (or Smitty)! This is a tradition!" I hear them say in my head. Here's the latest spin down the light fantastic:

Pregame pep talk:
Faster!!!
Ok! Time to look up!
The dizziness sets in...

2 comments:

  1. Leland finds the post about Bens hair a little disturbing, he keeps telling me that the big monkey teasing Uncle Ben needs a time out. He didn't mind at all when I told him Tigger was a thief and stole Bens breakfast.. Go figure.

    Side note: That tea-cup ride looks like a good way to puke up dinner.

    ReplyDelete