Sunday, August 28, 2011

Polo Field Show

Horse Disclaimer: Rocko really is a good boy. Really. But he's an animal with a brain, and sometimes that brain thinks funny things like:

"Ok, we're going to the jump."
"Whoa, I'm really looking at that jump."
"Wait a minute, Little Mother. The flowers on that jump are really white. And I haven't jumped this jump yet. Sure, I've walked and trotted and cantered past this jump at least 15 times in the last 4 days, and now you expect me to jump that crazy jump with the blindingly white flowers? I don't think so. I hope your legs are feeling strong because I'm about to put on the brakes in a big way."
"I told you, that jump is terrifying. It will eat me! Nope, not jumping it. Good thing you have strong legs, Little Mother."
Rocko redeemed himself and jumped the scary jump on the 2nd try. They went on to win the Adult Medal class on Saturday which qualifies them to compete for a year end award at the last show of the season, so the day ended well.

They say to never work with small children and animals, and getting a cute posed picture was a bit of a challenge. It started out well, but the breeze kicked up:
 Then Rocko just wasn't feeling it, but the bling on Shannon's helmet is amazing:
 The 3rd try was the charm.
Pretty darn cute- both of them!



2 comments:

  1. We have a pack horse that does the same thing. He's scared of absolutely everything, including apples.

    ReplyDelete