Wednesday, August 31, 2011

How Hot Did You Say It Was?

Last week, Bruce, Brian , Lindsey and I went to Arizona to deliver Getaway magazines to schools in Tucson and Phoenix. Arizona in August is...hellish. Even for me, who likes it on the warm side.

115 degrees is just too hot. Too hot to move, too hot to breathe.

We went to work as early as possible to beat the heat. My job was to drive the van, program the GPS, point the air conditioning vents at my face and watch Bruce do the hard labor. Bruce's job was to lift heavy boxes onto a hand truck and haul them into the schools in over-100 degree temperatures. I think this system worked fairly well.

Here's Bruce loading up at a school.
 We always bring along a treat for the faculty and staff. This time is was these cute Winnie the Pooh cookies:
In old historic Tucson, across from an old historic elementary school, there was a little park that marked where some old historic springs had once been the happnin' place to take a bath. This colorful mural marked the spot.
Interesting imagery.
But 115 degrees? Really? Too hot for me.



2 comments: