Monday, August 22, 2011

Estes Park Horse Show

I spent most of last week in Estes Park, Colorado- one of the most beautiful town in the US- taking pictures of some girls from our barn who were there for a horse show. Oh, how I wish the backgrounds at our horse shows in Utah looked like these:
 It was, by far, the most relaxing horse show I'd ever been to. After all, I didn't have my precious daughter and precious- or is that precocious- horse to look after. No stress. Just showing up when the show was set to start, taking pictures till the early afternoon, then escaping to do whatever I wanted. Lovely. Well, there was that one time when I had to tell off those obnoxious rich ladies, but other than that, it was wonderful!

Estes Park is a fun little resort town. Kind of like a very low key Park City. Their downtown has fun shops and a riverwalk.
 They also have the famous Stanley Hotel, which was the inspiration for Steven King's The Shining. Super creepy.











1 comment: