Monday, August 29, 2011

Gone Most of the Time

I just realized that I've only been home for 8 days this month, and the month is almost over. What have I been doing? Mostly horse shows, and a working trip to Arizona for a few days. Work at Bell starts for me next week. It's been a crazy month.

The photography website is going quite well, due to a few enthusiastic moms of girls who ride. I feel like my photos are improving, but sometimes I make some rookie mistakes, like accidentally bumping the dial on my camera to another setting. I've also started clearing all of my settings at the start of a show so that I am forced to adapt to the lighting right then. That way I don't have leftover setting that might not work ( and look horrible!). Here are some shots from the show last week at Rose Ranch. The ring is small there, which forced me into taking some closer shots. Note to self: Take more shots that are close. I kind of  like 'em.
Shannon and Rocko were super-stars at this show, getting the highest score in the Horse Crazy Hunter Series class, and winning the Intermediate round. They got a boat-load of ribbons, but it was So Hot- 95 degrees and high humidity. We almost died. You can see Shannon's pink cheeks in these pictures. I concentrated on keeping her hydrated, and she did so well that we stopped for Slurpee's on the way home!











2 comments:

  1. Love the header. And you've been busy since I've been gone. Loved catching up on all the things you do. and GO Shannon!

    ReplyDelete