Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial Day

I like Memorial Day! I'm a patriotic person, and I like to fly the flag. I guess, technically, I'm a 1st generation American, (both of my parents were born in Canada), and maybe that has something to do with it. There is a cemetery near my home that I like to visit when people are there, decorating graves. It's a family affair of mostly older folks who bring chairs to sit and visit. I like to think of them remembering loved family members who are gone.We made our own visit to the Ogden cemetary yesterday to put some flowers on my Father-In-Law's grave. He was an amazing man- he knew absolutely everything about everything! He loved his family and died far too early from effects of serving his country. It was a high price for our family to pay. We will all be together again someday.
My own father's grave is a bit far to visit conveniently, and I'm glad that my sister visits to put flowers there. Thanks, Sis! So, happy Memorial Day- enjoy the holiday!

1 comment: