Pineapple Cheesecake Squares
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 2/3 cup butter
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained with juice reserved
- 1/2 cup heavy cream, whipped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). In a medium bowl, combine 2 cups flour, confectioners' sugar, and almonds. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press into the bottom of a 9x13 inch pan. Bake in preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes.
- While the crust is baking, prepare the cream cheese layer. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and 1/2 cup sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs one at a time. Blend in 2/3 cup unsweetened pineapple juice. Pour over hot crust and bake for about 20 minutes more in preheated oven. Allow to cool completely.
- Make the topping: In a saucepan, combine 1/4 cup flour, 1/4 cup sugar and 1 cup reserved pineapple juice. Bring to a boil and stir for 1 minute. Remove from heat and stir in crushed pineapple. Cool completely. When cool, fold in whipped cream. Spread topping over cream cheese layer. Refrigerate 4 hours before serving.