Saturday, May 22, 2010

A Tahitian Dance For Daniel & Leah

No Stratford wedding would be complete without the required Tahitian dance. We've found that new in-laws are pretty good sports and like to join in, even if they have no idea what they're getting into. Leah's 2 brothers joined in yesterday and danced with enthusiasm!

This picture says a lot- Ken and Nancy are up out of their seats, straining to catch a glimpse of the precession. On the right side of the picture, my brother-in-law, Kelly, is denying that he knows any of us.Leah's 2 brothers, proudly leading the way past the head table:The happy couple, deafened by Ben's conch shell blast. (Leah's dad is trying to hold it together to the right) : My favorite: Brian in fine Tahitian dance form:What would we do without family traditions?

3 comments:

  1. I love this tradition! When you did this for Ben and Shannon I thought, Now THATS a family my brother can fit in with.
    I also love that he's not the only white guy, that they are all white guys in fact.
    I don't know many other families that you have Male traditions, we only have female traditions and they stop at baking and stitching. You guys rock!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I'm sad I missed this. I'm so excited for the day I can have the men welcome my husband into the Stratford clan.

    ReplyDelete