(Sadly, this is not my photo.)
Eggnog Cream Pies- makes 2
- 2 unbaked pastry shells (9 inches)
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cartons (one 8 ounces, one 12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 3-3/4 cups cold eggnog
- 3 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant cheesecake or vanilla pudding mix
- Additional ground nutmeg
- Line unpricked pastry shells with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer. Cool on wire racks.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar, allspice and nutmeg until smooth. Fold in the 8-oz. carton of whipped topping. Spoon into crusts.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggnog and pudding mixes for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Spread over cream cheese layer. Top with remaining whipped topping; sprinkle with additional nutmeg. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Yield: 2 pies (8 servings each).