Friday, August 31, 2012

A Life Science Lesson

And now it's time to get back to nature, in the stuffed wild animal sense of the word. NOTE: if you are offended by hunting in general, you might want to stop reading here.

Like I said, instead of going to my sister's cabin in the wilderness, we stayed at her home in Twin Falls. Her husband and other members of her family were gone, having hiked 17 miles into the wilds of the Wind River Mountains of Wyoming to fish in the clear alpine streams.

My Brother-in-Law is an avid fisher and hunter. Has been since he was born. Comes from a long line of Men of the Rifle, Bow and Fly rod. My sister knew this when she married him, and they've have had to...compromise regarding the interior decor of their home. Besides the 3 humongous elk heads in their front room, and the diorama of a fox almost catching a pheasant in the entryway, my BIL has contained his trophies to one room right off the kitchen that looks like this:
Pretty impressive, right? A few of the inhabitants:
A Piranha:
I wouldn't want to meet this fella in the woods:
 There were several skulls that I couldn't identify.
 All in all quite a collection. And that's your Life Sciences lesson for today.







1 comment: