Monday, April 2, 2012

That's Made From What?

I've added a bit more day-core to my bathroom:
 This is on the wall above my tub, opposite the cute window pane and wreath I showed you a few weeks ago. These bath goodies are organized in a plate holder (saw it on Pinterest!):
 I've had that plate holder for years, but it seems all of my plates are a 1/2" too big to fit in it. I dug around and found some soup plates left over from my ZCMI-compulsive-china-buying days and I like how they look.

On to the big project! This is made form a spray painted rubber door mat!!
 Yep! I sprayed it in Arizona, where it was so much warmer than home. Since the rubber was flexible, I needed to use the whole can on just this mat. Then I sanded it a bit so that some of the black showed through and it was done!
$20.00 for the mat at Target and $5.00 for the can of paint. Thank you once again, Pinterest!

2 comments: