Thursday, January 5, 2012

H Family Shoot

Right before Christmas I had a photo shoot with the H family. We went out to a park waaay out in West Layton. Or maybe it was Syracuse. In any case, it was very west. It was also very sunny. After 3 weeks of inversion cloud cover, on that day it was sunny.
 I like to shoot in cloud cover or shade- helps with the squinty eyes and the shadows. But, it was what it was and we went to work with 5 adults, 2 kids and 2 dogs. The dogs were the least cooperative.
With the wind chill, it was about 25 degrees that day and Grandma almost froze, poor thing.
Grandson quickly grew tired of the whole scene, (can't say as I blame him), so I had to use several of my "c'mon and smile for me, kid" techniques on him. The one that really worked with him was, "You don't have to smile until I say 3. On 3, you smile, and then you're done." I've learned many negotiation methods when it comes to kids of a certain age.
I learn something new every time I shoot. Pretty soon there won't be any more room in my brain.

3 comments:

  1. It's fortunate that the dogs were the least cooperative and not the people! Do you pick the places or do they?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do they also pick the colors? Beige is never a good thing, not in houses or in clothing. Gross gross beige. *personal opinion*

    ReplyDelete
  3. They picked the place and the colors.

    ReplyDelete