Thursday, September 29, 2011

Will It Blend? Fresh Garden Salsa

We are in the midst of a tomato explosion at our house, and that's a great thing! Is there anything worse than finally running out of your sweet, juicy home-grown garden tomatoes and having to buy those tomato impostors at the store? I made fresh salsa with some of my beautiful tomatoes this week.

Chubb's Chunky Salsa- makes almost 3 c.
3 Roma tomatoes- quartered
Cilantro
1/2 c. onion- quartered
1 jalapeno pepper
1 tsp. minced garlic
2 tsp. taco seasoning
2 tsp. salt
Add all ingredients to blender and pulse until you've achieved desired consistency.

Photo Tutorial!

Oh, my sweet, sweet garden tomatoes! How I love you!
I was nervous about adding a whole jalapeno, but it was needed. I didn't add the seeds, though. I didn't add too much cilantro either, because I'm not a huge fan.
Will it blend?
Yup. Yummy and fresh!

1 comment: