Saturday, September 24, 2011

Will It Blend? -Cucumber Dill Dip

My goal: To make one new recipe a week from the cookbook that came with my Blendtec blender. Like many goals that I make, this one may fall to the wayside soon, but at least I did it once with this Cucumber Dill Dip. I'm not a huge fan of cucumbers- they are green, after all- but the blender pretty much liquefies anything you put into it, so I gave this dip a try. It was good! I'm sure you could make this is any blender or food processor.

Cucumber Dill Dip - makes 3 cups
1 c. lowfat mayonnaise
6 oz. cream cheese
1 medium cucumber, chopped
2 tsp. fresh dill or 1/2 tsp. dried dill
3 green onions, cut in pieces
1 Tbs. lemon juice
1/2 tsp. Tabasco sauce
Process in blender or food processor until smooth.

Photo Tutorial:

Will it blend?
Yes, indeed-y!
This makes 3 cups, so there's plenty for a shower or party. Serve with vegetables, crackers or tortilla chips.

1 comment:

  1. Are you sure the cucumbers get pulverized? 'Cause I'm not a fan....

    ReplyDelete