Monday, September 12, 2011

BBC, Where Have You Been My Whole Life?

I am now officially addicted to BBC programming.

Besides watching all 20 seasons on Top Gear, I discovered BBC dramas while in Estes Park. With my awesome iPad, I could stream movies from Netflix in the evenings, when the signal was strong enough in the 1890s cabin. I just love those series set in the 1800s! Here are a few of my favorites, all excellent escapes.

I've never read Wuthering Heights. Now that's my kind of anti-hero. She marries the wrong man and dies. Dummy.
 I've also never read Jane Eyre. She's one tough cookie. He wanted to be a bigamist. Never try to hide your crazy wife.
 Spoiled girl, scary rich aristocrat husband, and a Daniel that's too good for all of them. Plus, he sings!
 Toad-like father, Moaning Mertyl daughter, Mr. Darcy as the funniest wastrel, you have to watch this one!
Beautiful wife, idiot husband, the title tells it all. Hilarious side story involving the vicar and 2 sisters.
 My favorite! This is the first season of Downton Abby. The second season hasn't been released yet. Set right before WWI, it's about an aristocrat family and their servants. Some in both groups are good and bad. The old ways are changing the classes are starting to play on a more level playing field. Excellent show. Can't wait to see more!

3 comments:

  1. That time period isn't my favorite. Give me cowboys and indians anyday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd suggest watching North and South (BBC - not the Civil War one). It's streaming on Netflix as well. I also just watched Under the Greenwood Tree which was cute.

    ReplyDelete