Friday, September 30, 2011

Crockpot Cheese and Meatball Soup

I know! 3 recipes in a row- I'm on some kind of roll, right? Not really, just with starting up work again, I'm trying not to get into my regular cooking-while-I'm-working rut. That rut consists of laying on the couch and hoping that something delicious to eat will appear out of my kitchen. I have vowed to make something in my Crock Pot at least once a week and it's been working so far. It's all about have a plan.

This is a recipe I've had for a long time. It's full of cheesy goodness thanks to an entire jar of Cheez Whiz that you add at the end. Lots of sodium, lots of fat, more a chowder than a soup- perfect for a cold Fall evening...which we haven't had yet. You could make your own meatballs to throw in or you could be like me (you know you want to be like me!) and use frozen meatballs. The best part- it cooks all day while you're out, say, taking pictures of kids with runny noses. Or kids who just picked their nose. Kids and noses are just a part of my life right now.

Crockpot Cheese and Meatball Soup- 8 servings
2 c. water
1 c. chopped potato
1 c. corn
1 c. chopped celery
1/2 c. sliced carrot
1/2 c. chopped onion
2 beef bouillon cubes
1/2 tsp. Tabasco sauce
1/2 bag frozen meatballs
1 (16 oz) jar Cheez Whiz
Place all ingredients except Cheez Whiz in a crock pot and stir gently. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours. Before serving, add Cheez Whiz, stirring gently until well blended.

Sorry, there's no Photo Tutorial this time- I have faith that you can figure this one out on your own. :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm totally going to make this....when it's cold....like next week! :D

    ReplyDelete