Friday, April 23, 2010

Meatless Monday

Last Monday, as I was sitting at the hair salon reading a magazine, I found an article about Being Green. I'm all for being green, within reason. For instance, I love my reusable shopping bags. I try to turn off lights, turn down the heat, (which, by the way, is become much easier, the older I get!), and if my town had a recycling program, I'd join. One of the Green tips in this article was to go meatless for dinner on Mondays. Ok, I can do that, even though I'm not sure if that will make a big difference for the environment. Here's what we had for dinner last Meatless Monday. It was wildly popular and I will definitely make it again. Thanks to Sandra Lee and her Semi-Homemade Cooking:



Barbeque Roasted Potatoes with Sour Cream Bacon Sauce


Ingredients

For Potatoes:

  • 3 tablespoons olive oil
  • 2 tablespoons barbeque seasoning (recommended: Grill Mates)
  • 1 tablespoon crushed garlic
  • 2 teaspoons lemon juice
  • 1 1/2 pounds baby white potatoes, quartered

For Sauce:

  • 1 cup sour cream
  • 2 tablespoons crumbled bacon
  • 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 tablespoon dried chives
  • 1 teaspoon hot sauce

Potatoes:

Directions

Preheat grill to medium heat.

In a large bowl add olive oil, barbeque seasoning, garlic and lemon juice. Mix well to combine. Add potatoes and toss to coat.

Place potatoes in an aluminum foil pouch and seal. Place on the grill or in a preheated 400 degree F oven for 20 to 25 minutes until potatoes are tender.

Sauce:

Combine all ingredients in a small bowl. Put the potatoes into a medium bowl and pour in the sauce. Toss well to coat the potatoes or serve the sauce on the side.

I didn't use baby white potatoes- just regular ones, cubed.

2 comments:

  1. Doesn't bacon count as meat? My brother in law would tell me that it's not really a food group but more like a candy bar. And every time he says it I think, eeeewww gross; despite still loving bacon.
    These potatoes do look awesome.

    ReplyDelete