Thursday, February 2, 2012

If I'd Only Had A Bungee...

We started out the next day of our little trip with a trip to the Cruise Ship Temple. It was even more beautiful inside than I thought it would be. I'm so glad we went there! That was the end of the calm part of our day. Bruce wanted to go to Hoover Dam!

We've been to HD a few times, but a new bypass bridge had been built since our last visit and Bruce wanted to see it. At the exit, we decided to take a dirt road up a hill to see if we could get a unique view of the bridge, but we were way too far away.
It was much easier just to go to the bridge viewing parking lot. Imagine that. They built the bridge to give traffic an alternate route than to go over the top of the dam. We hiked a bit to the bridge itself and walked the whole span to the Arizona side. Here's a classic Bruce pose for you:
The view of the dam from the bridge is amazing, and there must be hundreds of power poles and power wires going in every direction.
Bruce apparently has that urge that some people get to jump off of high things. Good thing he didn't tell me that until we'd explored the 880 foot high bridge.
Bruce takes picture without warning.

This is a pretty amazing engineering accomplishment!

2 comments:

  1. We have been there, but I didn't know that they were building that bridge thing. And what's the deal with jumping off/out of perfectly safe places. I just don't get that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get that urge but it's mostly while driving. I get the urge to drive my car off cliffs. My husband doesn't like me to drive. .. I've never been to the Hoover Dam, but I think I would enjoy it. Thanks for traveling so I can live vicariously through you. :)

    ReplyDelete