Monday, June 14, 2010

Dad's 80th Birthday

Today is Flag Day, which is also my FIL's birthday. If Dale Stratford were still with us, he would have been 80 years old today! We miss him very much, and wish he was still with us. We could use his wise counsel and funny sense of humor. I'm sad that my kids don't remember more of him. He was a good grandpa.
He supported us in everything we did. I still have people in town ask if I'm related to him when they hear my last name and they always have good things to say about him.We had a special family party last night to remember him- more on that tomorrow!

I'm sure he's watching over us, checking in from time to time, rolling his eyes at the silly things we do and laughing with us at the happy times. We love you, Dad!

2 comments:

  1. That's very sweet...I love the photos of him with the kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those pictures of him. I've never seen them before. I'm glad to hear that his birthday party was a success. I wish I could have been there.

    ReplyDelete