Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Cat Kabobs

My poor kitty. Sometimes I think no one loves her but me. Sure, she barfs on things and wakes up Bruce in the middle of the night, and leaves mouse pieces by the door, but who couldn't love this face:My kids have plans for her when she goes the her reward in kitty heaven. Shannon says she is going to make a coon skin (cat skin?) hat out of her. Brian and Lindsey are going to make these out her: (Obviously not my picture- there's broccoli on that plate!)
I made these for last Sunday's family party. No, they are not made of cat. They are made of chicken, but somehow they started to be called Cat Kabobs. You can call them what you want to.

Hawaiian Chicken Kabobs

Ingredients
  • 3 tablespoons soy sauce
  • 3 tablespoons brown sugar
  • 2 tablespoons sherry
  • 1 tablespoon sesame oil
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
  • 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 8 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into 2 inch pieces
  • 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained
  • skewers

Directions

  1. In a shallow glass dish, mix the soy sauce, brown sugar, sherry, sesame oil, ginger, and garlic powder. Stir the chicken pieces and pineapple into the marinade until well coated. Cover, and marinate in the refrigerator at least 2 hours.
  2. Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
  3. Lightly oil the grill grate. Thread chicken and pineapple alternately onto skewers. Grill 15 to 20 minutes, turning occasionally, or until chicken juices run clear.
I substituted apple juice for the sherry. I didn't have any sherry. :)

3 comments:

  1. I totally hear you about the cat...the puppy is driving me a little nuts. The kabobs look yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's a pretty kitty . . . Just say "no" to cat kabobs.

    ReplyDelete