Friday, December 4, 2009

My Anti-Seuss-ite

Shannon and I went to the Festival of trees yesterday! I hadn't been for years and years, so it was fun to go. There were gingerbread houses- this one looked a bit like my house:
This Santa had a sweet ride:Both Shannon and I agree that all elves are scary:And there were lots and lots of trees! This shark tree was pretty cool- the big white blob in front is a scuba diver.Here's a nod to my family roots with a Canadian tree:There was also a President Hickley's "B"s" tree:
But the funniest thing was Shannon and the Grinch trees. She has never liked Dr. Seuss. I don't know if it's those crazy hairy characters or those nonsense names for imaginary objects, but I'll admit I have to agree with her- Dr. Seuss is creepy. So, of course I had to take her picture with every Grinch tree. :)She liked the Hershey tree a lot better.
Today's Christmas song is a GOOD one! It's actually one of my favorites, and I sing out loud along with it when ever it comes on!

2 comments:

  1. That song plays on our favorite list on our ipods all year long! Awesome. And i've actually made a tree for this festival before, fear not, it had no dr.seuss affiliation at all. Fun times! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This song came on Monday morning when I was drivng the seminary carpool. I embarrassed Elise terribly when I turned it up and began to sing along. Interesting fact....since my FIL went to Hawaii on his mission, he also knows all the words and can actually sing quite well.

    ReplyDelete