Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Hey! I Can Cook Fish!

I've never been a gook cook when it comes to fish, so I never make it. My big sis is a pro fish cook, but it's never been something I wanted to tackle (get it? Tackle? :) ). So, when I was watching Sandra Lee one day, she made it look so easy that I had to give it a try. It was great! Here's the recipe I used:

Pan Fried Tilapia
1/4 c. flour
2 tsp. seafood seasoning
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1 1/2 lbs. fresh tilapia fillets
1 Tbs. canola oil
2 Tbs. butter
1 tsp. chopped garlic
2 Tbs. lemon juice
2 Tbs. freshly chopped parsley

In a shallow dish combine the flour, seasoning, salt and pepper. Add the fish and lightly coat. Heat oil in a large skillet over med-high heat. Shake off excess flour from fish and place in skillet. Brown on both sides, about 2-3 minutes per side. Remove fish from pan and drain on paper towel. Add butter, lemon juice, parsley and garlic to pan and sute for 2 minutes. Top fish with sauce.

For some reason, my picture only wants to post sideways. I'm having that kind of day.

2 comments: