Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Fluffy Peanut Butter Pie

Just a note- with the wedding on Thursday, I'll probably be taking a few days off from blogging until I get my head on straight again! I leave you with a pie recipe. This one's for you, Amanda!

Fluffy Peanut Butter Pie
1/3 c. butter
1 c. semisweet chocolate chips
2 1/2 c. Rice Krispies
1 8oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened
1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
3/4 c. peanut butter
3 Tbs. lemon juice
1 tsp. vanilla
1 c. heavy cream, whipped
2 tsp. chocolate syrup

To make crust: Melt butter and chocolate chips in the microwave. Stir in Rice Krispies and press mixture into bottom and up sides of a lightly greased 9 inch pie pan. Let chill 30 minutes.

To make filling: In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Beat in condensed milk and peanut butter until smooth. Stir in lemon juice and vanilla, then fold in whipped cream. Pour mixture into pie crust. Drizzle syrup over top, gently swirl with a spoon. Cover and chill at least 4 hours. Refrigerate leftovers.

This pie is really good and really rich! A little goes a long way!! Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. That recipe is a lot like a cheese cake recipe that frequents my kitchen. But my husband loves peanut butter and when he saw that picture he started begging me to make it.
    Thank you for the recipe! I hope the wedding went really well! I'm sad i missed the key lime cookies.

    ReplyDelete