Wednesday, January 15, 2014

The Wreath

One of my New Year's resolutions is to make more crafts! My first craft of the year was one I've been wanting to do for a while- a coffee filter wreath. The girls wanted to make one too. Girls crafting! Sadly, I hugely underestimated how complicated this wreath would be. It wasn't hard, but it took a while to get everything ready to assemble.

As in, I hand-dyed 400 coffee filters. In gradient colors.
They dried on twine lines in the laundry room. Looks like a gypsy carnival, doesn't it?
Then the actual making of the flowers took a while. A long while. Here's the tutorial.

But, when everything was ready to go, the actual wreath making went quickly! I added some berries and greenery to mine, and I really like how it turned out!
 Maybe I'll pick something a little less complicated next time. :)




2 comments: