Monday, January 13, 2014

But Do I Dare Wear It In Public?

It's been years and years and years since I've sewed any piece of clothing. When the kids were little, I sewed all the time- Sunday dresses for Shannon, Halloween costumes of all sorts. So, it was kind of a tangent when I picked up a skirt pattern in the sewing isle at Walmart.

Bruce and I get to go to Hawaii in a few weeks, and I need clothes. Sewing a simple skirt seemed like a good idea at the time, so I gave it a shot. I went really slowly, taking my time, putting in a waistband and a zipper. And while it's far from perfect, it might do in a pinch:
Gus enjoyed the whole process, from the crunchy pattern pieces to dive under, to the paper instructions to sit on, to watching the needle on my machine move up and down. Then there was this night when he wanted to take a nap on my machine when I wanted to sew with my machine.
See- his claws are even out. And that evil look! Bad kitty.


1 comment:

  1. It looks awesome! You should definitely wear it in public!

    ReplyDelete