Saturday, January 4, 2014

And The Winner Is...

Don't you love it when you find a recipe that people just love? For our Christmas Eve buffet, this was the most popular of my new recipes with my boys. The leftovers lasted maybe one day. And don't forget to make the sauce- it's really good. 
Cream Cheese Sausage Balls with Creamy Mustard Dipping Sauce
1 lb. sausage, uncooked. (You can use regular or hot or Italian)
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 1/4 c. Bisquick baking mix
4 oz. cheddar cheese, shredded
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Mix all ingredients until well combined. I ended up just using my hands- the dough is sticky stuff. Roll into 1" balls. Bake on a foil-lined tray for 20-25 minutes or until golden. I made these ahead of time and froze them, then thawed and reheated them.
Dipping sauce:
1/2 c. mayonaisse
1/2 c. sour cream
2 Tbs. Dijon mustard
1 Tbs. white wine vinegar
2-6 drops hot sauce
1 garlic clove, minced
Combine all ingredients. Chill.

1 comment: