Monday, May 14, 2012

Tea Cup Bird Feeder

This is what I made for my moms for Mother's Day this year:
I haven't given my mom hers yet, but since she doesn't look at my blog, (something about Satan and letting people know all of the details of my life), I'm pretty safe if you can all keep a secret until I see her next.

I saw these last year when we were in the cute tourist town of Julian, California and I loved them. But, being me, I said to myself, "I can make that!", then promptly forgot about these cute bird feeders. A few months ago I saw directions on how to make them on the Interweb and voila! Cute Mother's Day gifts!

I found these Franciscan Desert Rose cup and saucers at an antique store. They remind me of when I worked in the china department at ZCMI and people bought this pattern by the crate full. All you need to make these is epoxy glue, sandpaper and copper tubing. If you want to make some yourself, here's a link with directions: http://www.intimateweddings.com/blog/homemade-bird-feeder-from-vintage-teacups-diy-wedding-favors-gifts/

I'll be looking for cups and saucers during my travels to make a few for myself!


1 comment: