Friday, May 11, 2012

Back Again...

I'm back from my little vacation from blogging! (Is that a good thing, or a bad thing?!) Honestly, not too much has been going on, but that changed over the weekend with a horse show. Yes, I know, my first blog in a while and it's horse show pictures. Sorry about that.

It was an indoor show, which is always a challenge, because I don't use a flash with my camera. The last thing I want is for some diva rider to blame a bad ride on me! I make do, but the pictures are not ideal. I end up editing them quite a bit when I get home. I max out the ISO on my camera, but I need to have my shutter speed at 250 at least to stop motion. That means somewhat dark and grainy pictures. Pictures of white and grey horses turn out better than darker horses, as you can see:

A light horse group:
The dark horse group:
Kiwi falls into the Horse of a Different Color Group:
Still, I think the riders at my barn can analyze their rides by looking at my dark and grainy pictures and that might help them at the next show.

I realized that if I wanted any really good pictures at all at this show, then I should be spending more time in the barn catching candid moments and in the outside warm up ring getting up close and personal. I'll show you those pictures tomorrow. It's good to be back!







1 comment:

  1. I think youngish a really good job with the photo! So what do you do in your editing process?

    ReplyDelete