Tuesday, October 20, 2009

My Lance Armstrong!

Bruce had big plans for our 2nd Sun Valley day. He's been road biking again lately, and wanted to test his mettle on the 8000 ft. Galena Pass, north of the city. He left the house at 8:30 and headed north, while the rest of us had an excellent waffle breakfast and did a pre-leaving cleaning of sheets and towels. We packed a lunch and leaded out to find him at about 2 hours later. After passing several bikers, including one old lady that we were sure was Bruce, we caught up to him just in time to cheer him on to the top! We were all very impressed with his Lance Armstrong-like achievement.
Shannon and Ben had to freeze outside while Bruce changed out of his biking clothes.
We decided to keep heading north to some mountain lakes shown on the map. First we found Alturis Lake, where it turns out my sister's stake goes for girl's camp. It was pretty much deserted in the 50 degree temperatures. Bruce and Shannon tested the waters. COLD! Ben showed off his rock-skipping skills.Further north was Pettit Lake. I was hoping to find a lake that looked like this. This is my idea of a mountain lake!Trip Highlight- This Red-Neck Houseboat!

2 comments:

  1. Totally LOL at the houseboat! I mean, seriously...

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I move out into the country i'm totally going to build me one of those house boats, luxury I say, pure Luxury! lol. And Congrats on the Road Warrior showmanship Bruce!

    ReplyDelete