Saturday, July 12, 2014

Nifty, Nifty...

Look who's 50! Yes, I have celebrated my 50th birthday. And while I'm not particularly thrilled with being 50 years old, I keep telling myself that it's just a number. And that 50 is the new 35. And it's all a state of mind. And I'm only as young as I feel. Did I get all of the cliches?

For my birthday we went to dinner at Maddox. I love Maddox! They gave me a free birthday dessert, probably because they felt bad about how old I was.
 Back at home we bashed a pinata named Ja-Wan to pieces, and that was fun.

Another family member had a birthday this week too:
Gus is 2 years old, which equates to 24 years old in people years. He celebrated by catching a mouse and eating it. He's a good boy when he's not chewing on my ankles. :)

1 comment:

  1. I've never been to Maddox...I keep telling myself one day....
    Nice collection of cliches!

    ReplyDelete