Saturday, September 22, 2012

A Suprise Party

We had a surprise party at our house last weekend. Not that the party itself was a surprise, but the fact that it was at our house was a bit of a shock. I found out on Thursday afternoon while at work that we'd be hosting our church's High Priest dinner that Saturday. Funny thing was, I didn't panic. We just tried to clean things up as best we could and that was all we could do.Brian and Peter came down Saturday morning to spiffy up the pool and the yard (and do their laundry!).

I put balloons on the fence to make things festive.
 It was a pool fountain-worthy occasion.
We had about 50 people come, and the group leadership did all of the set up and take down, which made things nice for us.
Bruce's dutch oven cherry cobbler was very popular,
And he always enjoys giving tours of our somewhat summer-weary garden.
Now that it's over it was really no big deal. It's probably a good thing that I didn't have much notice. Maybe I should do all of my parties that way! :)






1 comment:

  1. Love the pool fountain, and it sounds like Bruce showing off the garden is sort of like Scott showing off pictures of critters.

    ReplyDelete