Monday, July 16, 2012

My Little Havana

We have an arbor or pergola or whatever you want to call it over a patio in our backyard. It's been there for 5 years or so, and we've never really done anything with it besides let it just sit there. Well, I guess we hung flowers and tulle from it for the weddings, but other than that, not much has been going on out there. I've thought about growing a vine on it, like a clematis maybe, but I just haven't gotten around to it. Anyway, I found these great lights at Le Home Depot in the Spring and knew they were meant for our arbor. Or pergola.
 I enlisted the boys' help to hang them, and since I'm Queen of the Zip Ties, it didn't take too long.
But that was just part one. A year and a half ago when we were on our cruise in Mexico, I bought this awesome tin luminary light.
With the addition of a few cool lights from Pier 1, I was ready to make a little chandelier over our table on the porch. But first the boys had to play "Mexican-Star-Turned-Medieval-Mace" and chase each other around the backyard.
When things were finally hung, I was really happy with how it all looked!
We sat around, waiting for it to get darker, to see it at night. Awesome! Brian and Peter think it looks like Little Havana out there now and that we need to christen it with a guacamole and taquito party. Not a bad idea!












2 comments: