Sunday, June 12, 2011

My Interpretation Of The Little Red Hen

I made bread! Yes I did. We had a class at RS where the cutest 80 year old lady came and taught us how to make Honey Whole Wheat bread. I ran home, made the recipe and it tuned out like...bricks. I tasted good but didn't rise. So, ok, I didn't use the same yeast that was called for in the recipe, but yeast is yeast, right? Apparently not.

On to try #2. Got the right yeast. Everything was going swimmingly until, during the last minute of kneading, my Kitchen Aide seized up, stopped working and started smoking. (I still regret not getting a picture of those delicate whisps of smoke rising from my machine!)

Yes, I killed my Kitchen Aide with wheat bread.

But, the bread turned out beautifully!

1 comment:

  1. That looks like great bread! I'm thinking you need a Bosch! (I know I do!)

    ReplyDelete