Friday, June 17, 2011

My Boys

These are my boys. My horse boys, that is. They are the special horses in my life. Sounds crazy, right? It's not. These are pictures of them all keeping an eye on me at the last show.

First and foremost is Rocko. He's my best boy, my Big Fella, my Handsome Young Man. I send him positive thoughts as he goes around the ring with Shannon. He loves me for my treats and gives me crap- kind of like my real sons. He knows I'm the Bringer Of The Bucket and will nicker at me, thinking he'll get it faster that way. He sees me as he goes racing by in the ring but he's not distracted like Sophie was. Shannon chewed me out one time when she was about 16 and told me I couldn't stand by the ring when Sophie went by because I distracted her too much. Rocko is too busy having fun to be distracted.
Then there's Gary, pronounced Gaw-ry. Gawry, Gawry, Gawry. He keeps a close eye on me if he's not being distracted by his real mother, Kaitlyn. Gary is like Kaitlyn in the way that they both like to stop and talk to me while in the middle of a jumping round. And while Kaitlyn just talks to me while jumping, Gary actually stops and talks.
This is Rickey, but I call him Richard. He would really like me to be his mother. He makes complete eye contact every time he passes, even over a jump. I ride him at home a lot because he makes me brave. He wants to be the Alpha horse so he tries to bite the dogs and kicks other horses when they get too close, just to make a point. Ah, Richard.
 Last of all is Dante. He thinks I am very important. He watches me walk by his stall and I call him The Beautiful Man. Dante might be gay, since he more emotional than the other boy horses at the barn. Dante loves to have his neck scratched. He can also bend that neck around looking for treats when you are putting on his blanket. Dante loves to smell my hair.
My boys. They are too much fun.

1 comment: