Saturday, June 11, 2011

I Shall Take Him Home And Call Him Fred.

This little guy wants to come live with me. Look at his face! He loves me already, and he doesn't even know the amount of treats I can pass out at a barn. He knows nothing of blueberry bars, home-grown carrots, crisp apples (with no worms!), unfrosted animal cookies, peppermint disks, let alone horse tacos at Christmas time. He can tell just by looking at me that I'm the best horse mom ever.

Some might say that I buy the horse's love at my barn with treats. Not so. I buy some horse's love at the barn with treats. Right now the list includes Rocko, (he's #1, and gets many more treats than anybody else. He also gets treats first.), followed by Gary, Dante and Richard. They all secretly want to be my horses, right Kaitlyn? Alverson the goat  is always offered treats, but he decides if he's going to eat them or not on that particular day. But I can't let Rocko see me offer treats to the goat, because that makes him jealous. :)  As the barn turns...

3 comments:

  1. Barbara...are you trying to give me some sort of hint? Just becuase you give my horse more treats than I do...and you don't make him work as hard. Psshh. My horse loves me regardless of my imperfections. :)however you are still first in line if for some reason I am no longer able to keep my horse. ;)

    ReplyDelete