Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Statues To Sheep

We got a few more pictures from Peter with this weeks letter!

Here we have sheep and the amazingly green countryside:Some "sweet as" old men playing "bowls." Looks like cricket to me.Here's Peter making a bone carving. They use power tools to smooth out the bone. (We learned this on a travel show!) I think this must be at Joe's- he's a Maori investigator the missionaries are working with. Joe is basically the man.I like this picture, even with that gosh-awful lighting! Peter is standing on the shores of Lake Wakapitu, which is within walking distance of his flat.As you can see, he looks good and still ties his tie in that fashionable way!

2 comments:

  1. When showing this post to my hubby, he laughed, apparently he use to tell all his High School teachers that his life goal was to move to New Zealand and herd sheep. There's terrific bouldering there and the hills in the pictures Peter sends you make me think I should help Zach accomplish his lifetime goal.
    Does Peter even know how jealous he makes everyone when he sends these pictures?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The scenery is amazing, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete