Sunday, December 5, 2010

Puffy Is In!

I took a few days off of blogging to spend some quality time with Bruce in California. We had a great view of Disneyland from our hotel room:Actually, we spent very little quality time together because he was in meetings most of the time, but that gave me time to take the rental car and wander. Well, there was some wandering and some pictures that needed to be taken and some shopping to be done. I took some pictures of a Marriott property that Getaway is thinking of adding to their line-up. It cracks me up how places with a warm climate get creative with their Christmas decorating. I like this tropical penguin set-up in their lobby:I spent some time at the Fashion Island Mall, where my Chevy Cavalier didn't quite fit in with the Porches, Audis, Mecedes and Lexuses in the parking lot. In the 70 degrees I was set with my flip flops, capris and a t-shirt. Everyone there was puffy jackets, puffy boots, puffy vests, puffy hats, and puffy scarves. Puffy must be in. I didn't get that memo or the one that told me that 70 degrees is close to freezing! The Costa Mesa temple is close by and I always like to stop there. Keeps things in perspective. I thought some of you might appreciate this little guy- naked boy, sitting on a snail who is spitting into a fountain. My family has a history of naked boys and fountains. (Long story.) He sure looks happy.In honor of my boys I visited the Nixon Presidential Library. (Another long story.) There was a busload of Amish folk there, doing their Christmas shopping in the gift shop. Apparently, the Amish really liked Pres. Nixon.
When Bruce and I finally got some time together we drove out to the pier at Huntington Beach, where Bruce harrassed the seagulls. We did spend a few hours in the park, which was nice, nice, nice. Sad to say, it's A LOT colder here at home than it was there!! You'll have to bear with me while my header shares some Disneyland Christmas pictures for the next few days!

4 comments:

  1. Looks like you guys had a fun time! How did you like fashion island? It's so pretty there!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks a lot like the Newport Beach temple. I think J, B and I went to the Fashion Island mall while I was down for his white coat. Beautiful setting there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that shot from under the pier....very cool!

    ReplyDelete