Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Val's Flowers


I was not having a great day yesterday. I'd taken 400+ pictures at work, and had missed the funeral of Doug Robinson, who lived in my ward. My DH had conducted the funeral and I knew he was having a hard day too and really wished I could have been there. Then I found out that today I would be working with a totally different crew, who do things in a totally different way. Then I had some other news that cannot be mentioned at this time. :) I was feeling really sorry for myself. At about 7:00, the doorbell rang. It was Val Robinson, Doug's wife, with a beautiful flower arrangement. This 40-year-old lady, who had buried her 46-year-old husband earlier in the day, who had 2 boys, ages 8 and 12 waiting for her at home, was bringing us flowers. We hugged and cried. I felt humbled. Life is all about our perspective. I'm going to work on that.

1 comment: