Friday, February 28, 2014

I Suspect Winter Might Be Over

 What a Winter! It started out with a bitter cold that just wouldn't go away and now it seems that Spring just might be here. Yippee!!

At the barn, Snoopy is shedding his winter coat like crazy. Everything I wear out there gets a nice coating of white horse hair. In my yard, the buds have started:
 Even the daylilies have some serious growth started.
 We're still getting moisture, thank goodness, but it's in the form of rain in the valley and snow in the mountains. Our area is at 97% of normal water totals for the year, and will probably pass that. Of course, I say that's due to the special church fast we had last month....


1 comment:

  1. My daffodils are up 6 inches in some places in the yard! I'm thinking we're going to get a nice, hard freeze in March that will take care of all the fruit buds I'm seeing.

    ReplyDelete