Thursday, February 13, 2014

Excuse Me, But Where Are Your Clothes?

We were spoiled and pampered on our Hawaii trip. All of the ladies went to the spa one day for a good soaking and a massage.
This particular spa had a series of 5 pools, representing 5 Hawaiian islands. Each pool had it's own concoction of salts, oils and scents. (None of these are my pictures, by the way.)
 In between each pool, you had to get a fire hose spray down. Some ladies at the spa (not us!) chose to wander around and soak in their birthday suits. It was a little disconcerting at first, but then it turned comical. The human body is funny looking. Enough said!

After my massage, I visited the sauna and steam rooms- my favorite part of any spa. Then I soaked for a while in this pool:
 That small whirlpool looks like a hot tub, but really it's a cold tub. A little Japanese lady strolled into that pool and let out a Japanese-style yelp. I guess she and I don't see the logic in cold baths at all.

1 comment: