Monday, June 10, 2013

Asian Grilled Salmon

 I must admit that I'm not a lover of salmon- but Bruce love it. I also admit that my fish cooking skills are somewhat lacking, but I've found a way that even I can manage. First, the recipe:

Asian Grilled Salmon
1 1/2 lbs. salmon fillets
Lemon Pepper, to taste
Salt, to taste
1/3 c. soy sauce
1/3 c. brown sugar
1/3 c. water
1.4 c. vegetable oil
1 Tbs. minced garlic
In a Ziploc freezer bag, combine soy sauce, brown sugar, water, vegetable oil and garlic. Place fish bag, turn to coat and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. 

Now. I have a grilling sheet- one of those heavy metal deals with holes in it. I think it might be for grilling vegetables. I use it like a cookie sheet, and I make a square of foil big enough for my fish to be in one layer. I fold up the sides of the foil so the juices don't run out. Then I turn on my grill to medium high and let it heat up.

Remove the salmon from the marinade and place on the foil. (Spray your foil with non-stick spray first.) Sprinkle with lemon pepper and salt, to taste. Place cookie sheet and fish on the grill and close the lid. Check every 3-4 minutes until the fish flakes with a fork. This is my go-to fish cooking technique! 
This salmon is slightly sweet and salty- yum! Even I like it!




1 comment: