Tuesday, March 9, 2010

An Explanation...

Sorry about the inconsistency in my postings lately- time has gotten away from me! Between getting Pete ready to leave and then him leaving, and working a lot and getting ready for an out of state horse show, well...you know. Shannon and I leave Saturday for a horse show in Scottsdale. Rocko and 5 other horses from our barn are going, along with their riders, rider's mothers, trainers and other assorted folk. This means 15-20 girls/women thrown together for a week. Picture lots of emotion, drama, fun, stress etc. Kind of like girls camp on steroids, with horses. It will be tons of fun, but Shannon and I have learned over the years to give ourselves lots of space too. I've been working on several big projects for this trip. Call it a crusade, if you will. My goal: upgrade our barn image. Remember that line in Men In Black 2 when Will Smith is showing off the new alien-fighting car? He calls it "New Hotness", and the old car is "Old and Busted"? Well, at horse shows our barn has been Old and Busted for far too long and I'm trying to give it that New Hotness look. I'll let you know how it goes.

An explanation about the picture above- Shannon is not really looking at me while she jumps, even though it looks like it. As soon as she and Rocko land, she is going to make a tight turn to the left to jump another jump. I learned the hard way that, when jumping, you need to be looking where you want to go. Don't look where you don't want to go. Like the ground. Ouch. There's probably a good Young Women's lesson in there somewhere...

2 comments:

  1. What fun! Except for all the girls being together for too long under stress and not feeling like New Hotness. Thats just a recipe for drama. I wish Shannon would let us see her compete. I would show up with a gigantic bright pink poster with a likeness of her on a horse jumping over the moon in support!.. come to think of it, maybe thats why she wouldn't invite us. hm. :) Good luck guys, have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, Good Luck!! Show season is here. What can I say, probably too much so I won't say anything at all. Drive Safely and Kaitlyn will text Shannon I am sure. Stay in your HAPPY PLACE when needed.

    ReplyDelete