Saturday, March 27, 2010

New Hotness!!

I think I mentioned before I left that I was trying to upgrade our barn image. Our usual set-up is a plastic table with 3 legs, horse equipment un-loved on the ground, and garbage lying everywhere. No more- if I can help it! Thanks to my brain-child, the "Barn-Item-Of-The-Month", we are on our way to looking more presentable. Bruce helped build a barn display that Shannon and I set up (late at night, in the dark!) in Scottsdale:Yes, that's the arbor we used at Brian and Lindsey's wedding. Bruce created the most amazing portable, folding wall that I covered with 2 black sheets, sewn together. I also made the sign with our barn logo. It's all attached with zip-ties. Gotta love those zip ties!

Even though out barn didn't have some of the stuff the other barns had, (fountains, satellite dishes, refrigerators and microwaves, couches, Porsches, Jaguars, luxury semis for their multimillion dollars horses), we held our own. Our ribbon display says it all- we cleaned up! Our barn had the most ribbons by far. The next test: seeing if I can inspire the girls who didn't go to Scottsdale to tidy things up and clean up after themselves. Wish me luck!

3 comments: