Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal

Ok, who out there is a fan of oatmeal? I grew up with a regular dose of oatmeal, malt-o-meal and "eggnog" for breakfast. My Brian likes oatmeal too, so I tried this crock pot recipe last Saturday when he and Lindsey were here. It went together in a record 5 minutes, then cooked overnight.
Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal- serves 6
2 c. chopped apple
1/3 c. brown sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
2 c. oatmeal
4 c. water
Place apples, brown sugar and cinnamon in slow cooker. Sprinkle oatmeal over the top. Pour water over all and do not stir. Cook 8-9 hours on low.

Yum! Smooth and hot! I'll admit I like my oatmeal a bit sweeter than this turned out, so next time I'm going to add 1/2 c. sugar to the mix. Even though we couldn't get anyone else to try this, Brian and I liked it a lot!

2 comments:

  1. So did you and Brian eat 6 servings of oatmeal?
    I like oatmeal, too. This sounds good!

    ReplyDelete