Monday, April 20, 2009

Post Horse Show Wrap-Up

I love to go to horse shows and I love to come home from horse shows! They are fun, but exhausting with lots of teenage girl drama. Kind of like girls camp. with horses. The weather could have been better since is was snowy and windy the first 2 days and we almost froze! This year's first horse show was lots of fun, but then it's always fun when your daughter and her horse do well, right? Rocko was a very good boy. Our trainer rode him in the Pre-Green division- that's usually a trainer's class where the jumps are 3 feet high- and he was Reserve Champion with the 2nd highest points overall. :) Only Daughter rode Rocko in the Modified Class that is open to all riders with the jumps set at 2' 9". After a tense warm up round, they came back to get a 3rd, 5th and 2 6th place ribbons. OD also rode him in 2 flat classes on Thursday. In a flat class, all of the horses in that division come into the ring and walk, trot and canter at the judges command. It was good for OD and Rocko to get some mileage in the show ring together and I am very proud of both of them! I warmed Rocko up on Friday morning and he took good care of me. I tried out my camera's new external flash and, while not perfect, those indoor pictures are so much better than before!! :)

OD and Rocko doing their thing: Apparently Rocko thinks the jumps are really 4 feet high. Lots of wasted energy there, buddy!
Some of our Saltaire Farm friends: We always sit in the same place where I am expected to bring my "treat bucket" of munchies and my saddle pad quilt. Back in the day I made saddle pads with fabric that the girls provided and they love to find their fabrics on the quilt.OD getting a reluctant Rocko ready for another class: Rocko is really tall and OD is really short! :)C'mon, little girl, get on your big pony!
OD and her long-time friend, Kaitlyn, who is the only other girl at the barn who doesn't ride on Sundays.

1 comment: